Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 20, 2009























BABY UPDATE: We love to elicite smiles and laughs from Rachel. This week she has found her toes and rolled over back to front (once for Tyson). She also grabs at anything I am holding. I now realize why any plastic covering says not a toy for babies or children. It is because they are the funnest things for babies to play with. They have two essential characteristics: they are lightweight and make noise. (parental note: no I don't give Rachel plastic bags to play with, but if I am holding a sack I will let her swat at it.)













After a grueling semester (which isn't quite over yet) we had a much needed fun outing. It was fantastic. Tyson took the final in his Neuroscience class Friday (freeing him from studies for the weekend) and then we went down to Seiverville for a semiprofessional baseball game. After the game there were fireworks. And do you think Rachel minded? No, she actually enjoyed it! We stayed the night at a hotel that had an indoor and outdoor pool with a lazy river attachment. Of course we had to go swimming! Then Tyson took me shopping at the outlet stores in Pigeon Forge (5-10 minutes from Seiverville) for some much needed post-baby clothes! I haven't gotten new clothes in ages! I wasn't expecting to be spoiled with swimming, new clothes and my favorite treat Dippin' Dots! And to top it off Tyson let me beat him in miniture golf while Rachel napped and was pleasant through it all! Tyson did a great job planning and exicuting the whole thing. This has got to be one of the best dates/vacations I have ever been on!





3 comments:

JB and Kimberly said...

I love the pic of Rachel with the sunglasses. She is sooo adorable. We got a similar pic of Kenneth at about the same age. So fun!

Marcie said...

Glad you got a much-needed vacation and family time! It sounds like a really fun time!

Tyler and Kristen said...

I love all the pictures! Rachel is so darn cute!!!