Well, I haven't posted in awhile!!! So beware this may be long, short, detailed, or incomplete.
The good news.............................
1. Baby Boy Sloan should arrive within the nest 2 1/2 weeks.
2. I have survived another pregnancy.
3. We accepted an offer on our house (meaning a contract has been made to sell it!!!)
4. Tyson is days away from completing the horrible nasty classes that have been monopolizing him for the last two years.
5. We are moving Westward after the baby comes.
6. And our dear little girl is still happy and healthy and sweet as can be.
1. Baby Boy Sloan
Well, I didn't mean to keep back the announcement from my blog. WE ARE HAVING A BABY BOY!!!!! Between having computer difficulties (mostly being without), camera troubles, and morning sickness I completely let the blog go. . . for awhile. (Hopefully now I am back!)This baby fills my thought process and besides a few things coming in the mail and waiting for my mother to arrive, I think we are ready to recieve this little one into our home. I have always loved babies and feel blessed to get another little one so soon! I am glad I have been seasoned, and also surprised at how much I have forgotten! I am increasingly uncomfortable and tired, but feel so blessed that Tyson has mad OMT (manipulation) skills to help (okay more than help) relieve all my aches and pains. He has miricle hands that can treat most any ailment. Plus I have always felt that his hands were special. They have always felt right in mine.
2. Survival . . . no I actually lived.
I would be ungrateful to say I only just survived. Thankfully, this pregnancy was MUUUUCH easier than the last. Sure, I don't do pregnancy well, but when I found out about the pregnancy I was sooo scared to be pregnant. (Elated to be having a baby, but scared to be pregnant!) I tried some of the nausea pills (phenergan) when the sickness started, which helped relieve some of the nausea, but not the vomiting AND it would make me sleepy. I remember not being able to fight off the sleep and waking up a few hours later having no idea what Rachel was doing in the mean time. Scared me to death!!! I couldn't live like that. I had a daughter to take care of. So the doctor switched up my regime and to my surprise gave me an antiacid (Zantac) to take regularly. This is what helped me the most!!! It helped both N&V, plus I wasn't overcome by the side effects of sleep. I did just watch Rachel play while laying on the couch for a few months, but I got around and managed to keep us both fed. AND the nausea eventually subsided!!!!! What a blessing and relief!!! In fact I didn't even feel pregnant for awhile. I wanted to ski and ice skate and sled and enjoy myself during the winter. . . so I did!!! Only in the last couple weeks have I been sick again. (I think it is so I will feel sooo relieved to deliver, just like with Rachel!) Anyhow, I did it! And I did it much better mentally and emotionally and next time no matter what the severity of the pregnancy I will do it even better!
3. I should have been worried. . .
I am so sad to leave our wonderful house. It has served us well. Surprisingly, I never worried about buying or selling the home. I just kinda knew it would happen. I think God was behind us all the way! Just like I have known other things that would happen in my life I knew it would not be a problem, which is such a blessing given the housing troubles right now. There is a sence of relief, however, of not worrying about keeping it clean/spotless/and perfectly organized for showings. That was wearing me out!
I feel a little sentimental and sad to see the beauty of this place be taken over by a big city, but alas it is our time to move on.
4. I cannot wait to have my Tyson back!!!
This schooling has been brutal! No one will ever know just how hard and strenous it is until they pass this way. I am ready to have a man in the house, a play mate to do activities with/go places, and not always have to be or feel so far away from him. I hope he can let the incessant pull toward studying go and be with us much moe often. As medical school wives we joke that we can't talk to our husbands 3 days before any test, or ask them to make any decisions because it is useless . . they can't seem to focus on anything else but the upcoming test.
5. The move.
Everything has worked out just perfectly so we can stay in our house until we need to move. So our TO DO List: Have baby, pack, Tyson study and take national boards, and move. No big deal, at least Sell the house is off the list. I am excited to live next to the chapel of our church and to have an LDS Temple a few minutes away!!! I am also excited to have a lot of things available to us. Like a zoo (free on Tuesdays, so I hear), 6 swimming pools in our complex, 3 stocked fishing lakes, workout equipment, shopping next door. Everything within a short distance. AND the best BBQ around. Tyson ruined ribs for me, because he brought me to a place that did them so well that I will never be able to look at a set of sub-standard ribs again. I will be sad to leave behind the many friends we have made while at medical school! We have enjoyed sharing this part of our lives with them.
6. Our sweet little princess and angel.
Pictures to catch up will follow this post, but I am afraid Rachel does not look much different. She still doesn't have much hair, poor girl. I secretly hope this little boy takes after me and has hair! Rachel tries out a new word at least once a day. She likes to run instead of walk, or walk backwards. Her most recent adventure is to climb up on the table and then whine to be taken down. Besides the bread she stuck up her nose and the masscera brush she decided to suck on, we have been relatively calm as far as catatrophy goes. I love this little girl a lot! She is full of sweet kisses and hugs. She makes all kinds of people feel like a hundred bucks when she excitingly runs up to them to say hi. Stay tuned for pictures. . .

5 comments:
Wow, well that was a great post to makeup for the lack the last few months! So glad everything is going well for you, and good luck with a healthy delivery (hopefully late in your case)! Where are you guys moving to? Back to Utah? I hope it's close so we can see you!
Rebecca I just love you to death. I don't think I could have described med school life any better. I'm so excited for ALL of your new adventures!
Yay, for your blog!!! I was just reading, reading, and reading, and all of a sudden I yelled and Kyle was like what's the matter. I am just soooo excited you guys got an offer on your house, that's awesome! I'm with Holly you definitely hit med school wife life perfectly. I told Tyson that he needs to tell that baby that Monday night or Tuesday works best for his schedule, I think you'll have Baby Boy Sloan here this week ;) I can't wait to meet him!
Welcome back to the blog world! :) I'm so sorry to hear you've been so sick with the pregnancy, but glad to hear you made it through! Just keep telling yourself it will be SO worth it in the end when your beautiful little baby boy arrives!! I'm so excited for you... little boys are so much fun!!! I hope all goes well with the delivery (and your upcoming move).
Hey, glad you're back from the dead! I haven't been born yet when it comes to blogging. But you, Laura, and Melissa are tempting me to get into it. Good luck with the move and the babe! Love you!
Post a Comment