Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

12 lbs and 21 1/2 inches
















Our dear little girl is growing so fast! At her doctor's appointment she weighed 12 lbs and measured 21 1/2 inches. Rachel is ever surprising me with the things she can do. She is starting to coo. Toys are a big hit as long as she doesn't have to play with the same ones for too long. She will stay awake almost all morning, take a long afternoon nap and sleep for at least one 6 hr stretch at night. Her favorite way to sleep is all sprawled out. She has grown out of her newborn clothes and most of her 0-3 month ones too. She smiles less often than when first born, but when she does it is for a longer time. I have been so enthralled with her smiles that I haven't been able to leave them to get the camera so as yet we don't have any pictures of them.
I am gaining new skills too. I can change a diaper in 15 seconds, feed Rachel with one hand free, and hear her noises from 2 rooms away( yes I am gaining that super sonic mommy hearing).
Since Rachel's birth I have been so happy!!!

4 comments:

Marcie said...

Oh, she is getting so big! What a cute little baby. I'm glad you all are doing well. How fun to have so many people come to visit!

Tyler and Kristen said...

It sounds like you guys have the greatet family! Rachel is just so cute! We will have to have a reunion someday! I heard awhile back that Kim was pregnant, do you know anything about any of our old roomies, besides Megan?!

Anonymous said...

Shes got Maddox beat:) She is darling! I really enjoyed your surprise visit by the way! I had hoped to have you & the other girls over today (friday) but Tre got strep & an eainfection...maybe next week!

AmandaK said...

What adorable pictures!! I had a lot of fun tonight with you and Baby Rachel. Rachel is such a sweet baby and so good. We should definitely get together again sometime.