Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Christmas break/Blessing




























































































So I have tried to post pictures 3 different times spending hours trying to get it to work. I got discouraged and gave up on posting for awhile despite my promise to post pictures every week. So here I am going to post words and if I ever get the courage I will try to put pictures up to match.
We had such a lovely time with family over the break. My parents and Carl and Krista came for a few days. We enjoyed playing games and especially watching a bowl game in their hotel room (we don't subscribe to television). Rachel loved playing with her grandma. I didn't realize she would like to play with toys until I caught her with grandma Nielsen in her bedroom. Her bed was all set up with toys for her to look at. She was kicking and waving her arms happily. So cute to watch! Who would have thought at three weeks a baby would enjoy toys?
All of Tyson's family also came and were here for Rachel's baby blessing. It was such a special event. And just like the wedding we were all very emotional. Some very special things were said and we are so grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful soul.
The Sloans like to have fun and as part of it we had whipped cream contests. The whipped cream toss is something that I need to practice. Tyson is so proficient he can spin around and still catch the whipped cream in his mouth. I think Rachel's favorite was having uncle Kyle hold her. He held her for hours at different events and never got tired of it. She would snuggle and go to sleep or just lay there very content. Of course, we had to get in a couple games of Settlers.
We (Grandma and Grandpa Sloan, Kyle, Krystalyn, Tanner and us) spent New Years in Gatlinburg at the aquarium. We loved the tunnel. Our favorite were the big tourtis, the giant crabs, and the sharks. It was a fun filled day including a mirror maze where Tanner ran smack into a mirror that flattened him coming 'towards me' and I walked right up to Tyson thinking I was standing in front of a reflection and exclaimed 'You're not real!' I learned that the handicapped restroom is a great place to feed infants and surprised myself at the relief I felt when I found out the aquarium had a mother's room!









No comments: