Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Friends and Family



I have been so lucky to spend lots of time with these two this summer!

It was soooooooo great to go see my side of the family, too. We packed in a lot of fun and it went way too fast. That said ,I was ready to return to my beloved Tyson and was homesick for Tennessee. We enjoyed my Dad's siblings and Nielsen cousins and their children. We took in some boating and campfire fun. We also got to visit the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. This was a very special event for us!!!! Tyson and I were sealed(married) in a similar temple meaning married by priethood authority for eternity (Matt. 'Whatsoever thou shalt seal on earth shall be sealed in heaven.') Well, when I carried Rachel into the sealing room she got really excited and smiley (more than ever before). I felt so close to heaven and so priveledged to be given her and Tyson forever. Being in a room similar to the one where it all started for us, it was as if Rachel were saying she was glad to have us too. It was a very endearing experience to feel my Heavenly Fathers love and share it with Rachel (even if she is still so little).





I also enjoyed staying a few nights with my sister Camilla and her family. Rachel is two years younger than her youngest and fit right into the family. She loved playing with them and Mason (the 2 yr old boy) kept giving her loves and hugs.










Rachel being little is still growing up too fast. She is crawling, has two teeth, and prefers chunky to pureed foods. She is keeping us on our toes with a few mishaps that thankfully have not had any lasting effects.

After I got back to Albuquerque we were treated with a visit from Corey and Aubrie (Corey was Tyson's dorm roommate from his freshman year of college). It was great to spend a day enjoying mexican cuisine and good friends. We felt spoiled that they came just for us!!! We wish them luck in their exciting up and coming life changing events!!!!! You are and have been in our prayers.





We enjoyed raising the Mexican flag to call for our waiter.


We are looking forward to a week long of fishing in Colorado next week then back to Tennessee to begin Tyson's 2nd yr of medical school. I am excited to see all of our dear friends we left behind for the summer. We are sooo ready for play and/or dinner dates!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

look how big Rachel is! & look at that smile! DARLING! Bring that baby back! see you guys soon:) ready for another year?

Tavia said...

I can't believe how big she is already. What a cute family! Have fun in Colorado.

Lori said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun this summer. I miss seeing you and your family and haven't met you hubby or cute baby, yet. Where in Colorado will you be next week? We live in Greeley (for two more weeks) which is about an hour north of Denver. If you are close by, give me call: 970-381-3787

Tamsyn said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! I am glad you guys were able to go, but we do miss you and are ready for play dates!! Good luck fishing!!!

Marcie said...

What a fun visit. There's nothing better then getting to visit family. Rachel is getting so big... and oh my goodness, she is more adorable than ever!!