Okay after reading a statement on a friend's blog I decided to put down some of my feelings from this summer. I know my blog can be a little dry, but it is scary for me to actually write out my feelings. Here goes :
I origionally wished we would stay in TN for the summer. I had big dreams of a grand garden and having fun around here. Relaxed not having to worry about who would do this or that for us and our place. (Which by the way we have had some very wonderful people -angels- looking after our home.) I eventually scrapped all of my plans in hopes that I would get to plant a few things when we returned and we did as many projects as we could before heading out to NM. My fears of a baby burdening Tyson's grandparents (grandma having alzheimers and all) were fast disspelled by their graciousness. Sure I think Rachel woke them up 1 or 2 nights, but they were very good about it. Grandma kept saying 'That baby never cries.' We'll never is not true, but rarely could fit. But to say never in the case of Grandma ever being less than gracious would be very accurate. Every time Rachel would beam up at her great grandparents and they back at her I would be smiling inside. They truly did bring joy to each others lives this summer and hence to mine for there is nothing that brings me more joy to me than to see or contribute to anothers happiness. Our marraige and communication isn't perfect, but . . .improving. One night we took a walk at sunset and reaffirmed our commitment and desire for each others wellbeing. Unsaid it could probably be assumed, but unsaid for too long combined with Satans powerful influence to thwart what is good may have left me wondering. It was a wonderful evening to know and hear from Tyson that he does care for me and that he is a man of God. Two things that mean a lot to me.
-----------
Tyson at home became a child again in some respects. Being home lets one relax and revert a little to childhood. He seemed to enjoy pranks and bantering with his siblings and eventually got tired of it all.
We had a special moment with his brother Kyle being ordained to the higher Priesthood. It was one of those moments in life where I felt like I truly was given the gift to briefly see someone as God sees them. I felt and saw greatness in Kyle. The strength he has to do much good in this life and the eternities. That he could be a strong force for good and that he already had been 'great' among those fighting the Lord's fight. Sometimes I think we do not realize how great we are as children of God. Of course we all had tears streaming down our face during and after the ordination like we always do when something touches us deeply. (Something I love because it helps me realize how deeply the Sloans (men especially) care.)
The fishing trip was great. Again I felt very accomplished. Packing Rachel in and out of 8 mile or more hikes was a feat. I was relieved of Rachel by my father-in-law at a crucial point and shown some mercy by my mother-in-law as she stayed with me and coaxed me on when I wanted to stop. I always feel a little guilt when I am the one being helped as I hate to burden, slow up, or inconvenience anyone else. I participated much more that I had anticipated. I thought I would keep the baby back and enjoy some quiet time while everyone else went out on long hiking and fishing sprees. I was glad that others watched Rachel and gave me some time to really enjoy myself.
This is my knee high little girl. Along with crawling and pulling herself up she has grown a lot this summer!
For some reason this reminds me of Pooh and his pot of hunny!
Great Grandma and Grandpa Sloan let us stay with them again this summer.
Rachel especially enjoyed nursery rhymes with grandma and picking flowers each morning with Grandpa. They were very sweet to us!
Of course, as soon as we arrived Rachel formed her fan club. Uncles Kyle and Tanner along with Krystalyn were officially being placed under the 'Rachel spell'.
Along with many other things with which we were spoiled, being taken out to eat was one of our favorites!

We visited the Nielsens and Tyson won the favorite uncle award. At least I think that is what this blurry picture means. His nieces and nephew love when he is around! And he is sooo good with children!
In Utah Rachel fit right in to my sister Camilla's family. This is Rachel inducting other members of her fan club. Mason was especially cute with her!
One of the funniest moments of this trip was the sit-up contest Rachel and her Aunt Krista had. Rachel has/had a habit of lifting her head and feet up slightly off the ground and holding it. Krista tried to see if she could keep up to Rachel's crunch routine. . .
Rachel especially enjoyed nursery rhymes with grandma and picking flowers each morning with Grandpa. They were very sweet to us!
We visited the Nielsens and Tyson won the favorite uncle award. At least I think that is what this blurry picture means. His nieces and nephew love when he is around! And he is sooo good with children!

1 comment:
Hi Rebecca! I love this post!! I too, get a little nervous putting myself out there, but I think the rewards are well worth it. I got goosebumps reading about you and Tyson's talk about your marriage and about your brother-in-law Kyle. Those were such wonderful things to share. And of course, what can I say about your little beauty?? I can't believe how much she's grown! I miss you guys, good luck this year!
Post a Comment