Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today

So. . . we tested out our fire alarms today, or more acurately I filled the apartment with smoke. Being the second time to cook something in our oven I knew it to cook a little hot, but with only half the time elapsed the bottom was burnt enough to fill our entire apartment with smoke. We opened the windows and doors -Rachel kept running out. Only one of our two detectors went off. That is the one farthest from the kitchen and furnice. The place was filled with smoke and we detected it ourselves before any fire alarm went off. This makes me a little uneasy as I don't think I would wake to that alarm.
Other new things. . .
Caleb is smiling. He looks like a totally different person when he is giving me that ear to ear grin. He does make his mom feel special just like his baby blessing said. He also started sleeping a little longer at night. I hope he keeps it up and makes it consistant. Rachel cried for the first few minutes at nursery. She never cries when we leave her and everytime this week she cried. She doesn't like being left behind by one parent or the other right now.
I love my husband. He took the kids while I went out for a GIRLS NIGHT! It was great to get out and even though I was going to suggest a 'no talking about kids rule' that didn't happen, but I happily got to know a few other young moms at church. There are about eight little kiddos that have been born since march or will be by august and all but one are BOYS! Caleb will have a bunch of little boys to run around with and one sweet girl to love (as soon as they all can run!)

Iam excited and nervous for this new chapter in our lives. Hopefully, the heat won't kill us and we can continue to have some fun while in Memphis.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so glad you're settling in with your family and that you are making new friends! By the way, our oven in Alabama does the same thing. The first few things I cooked were burned on the bottom and not done on top, now everything gets cooked on the top rack. It was maddening!

Tyler and Kristen said...

Ok Rebecca, I need to know..... Tyler is seriously talking about going to medical school. I need to know how bad it was! Fill me in on the details. And we need to see some more pictures

Jennifer said...

Glad you are feeling better and getting settled in! Enjoy this next chapter of medical school!

Tamsyn said...

I am glad that you were able to have a girls night...after all you've been through lately, I would say that was needed! We miss seeing you at church though. :) And don't worry about Rachel...it is probably all the newness that makes her not want to be left, but she will get used to it! we love you!